The clip on which it can be seen how a young man in a white down jacket shoots a rocket on a residential building, which then explodes inside an apartment, quickly went viral. The media interest is correspondingly great at the start of the trial against Atallah Y., who begins three months after the crime at the Moabit Criminal Court in Berlin. The public prosecutor throws the twenty -three -year -old from the West Bank, tried serious arson, tried dangerous assault and property damage. The young man, who was a tourist in Berlin, is said to have deliberately shot a rocket from his hand on a residential building in Berlin-Neukölln at around 6.30 p.m. The rocket reached an apartment on the third floor through a window and exploded there. Nobody was injured. During the campaign, the influencer, who has more than 300,000 followers on Instagram, had it filmed. He then divided the video on social media. From “self -protection” and “complete ruthlessness” acted by Y. was aware that people were in the building. He accepted that a fire could arise. The public prosecutor accuses him that he was concerned with attracting the most greatest media interest. He acted out of “self -protection” and “complete ruthlessness”. The accused does not get involved on the first day of the trial. At this point, he does not want to make an opinion, says his defender Axel Czap. The 54 -year -old tenant of the affected apartment, Emin A., says on Wednesday as the first witness in court. With the help of an interpreter, he explains that he spent the evening with his family in the living room when he suddenly heard a loud bang. First of all, he assumed that the noises would come from the balcony, but because of the onset of alarm of the fire alarm, he quickly noticed that the origin was in the next room, the bedroom. “There was black smoke in the bedroom,” he says. He saw black traces on the walls and on the carpet, on a duvet and on the curtains. He found remains of the rocket on the ground. He threw a few scraps of paper out of the window. The window had been shattered, he found broken glass on the ground. But it didn’t burn. The owner of a kiosk opposite the apartment also says as a witness. The accused and his friends had bought rockets from him and fired them directly. He saw how the act happened and, like one of the accused’s companions, filmed. When the rocket hit the window and exploded in the apartment, he was startled: “Everyone was in shock, me too.” He shouted at her and asked why they had done that. “Then they cut off.” The accused Y. published the fact that they are also the subject of the investigation. On one of these videos you can see how Y. sits on the sofa with the tenant. The day after, he called his family that he wanted to come over to apologize. The fifty -four -year -old does not know how Y. got the number. According to the criminal commissioner, who headed the investigation and also says as a witness, the sons of the owner of the apartment started a call on social media. With video recordings from the kiosk that show the accused accompanied, they are said to have searched for information. The defendant then came by on the same day accompanied by some friends with A.. In the video, Y. alternately looks into the camera and the tenant. He apologizes: “I know it is wrong and tell everyone that something like that doesn’t work.” He does not know bright bodies and her trajectory. In the video you can see how he kisses the head of A.. “It is difficult to say because I didn’t know his friends,” he says. At first A. was skeptical, but then he noticed that Y. did not act on purpose that it was an oversight. The accused also offered him to cover the costs incurred, but he rejected that. The question of the presiding judge Raphael Neef, why he said that, A. only says: “It was nothing valuable.” He disposed of the carpet that the costs for repairing the window had taken over the property management. The accused was a young man and made a mistake: “He wanted to share his joy and I had the misfortune.” He gave him a fatherly advice: “If you go to a foreign country, you shouldn’t do something like this.” On January 4, the twenty -three -year -old was arrested at Berlin Airport, from where he would presumably leave. Since then he has been in custody. The first day of the trial is also about the question of whether the accused tried to face the police. According to the police records, he appeared on a police station on the night of January 4, after the announcement of his search. According to the duty, he and his companion wanted to receive information about a crime. The police officer could not understand exactly what one wanted to know from him. It is currently still unclear to what extent the rocket could have been an actual risk of a fire. A total of four process days are scheduled. A judgment is expected on April 16.
Credit-Read More
Read More full article